There are two kinds of conversations I have with my boyfriend

The Beau: australia have tied it
The Beau: but are over on wickets
The Beau: Australia win by 3 wickets!!!!
The Beau: in the last over
The Beau: i feel sorry for pakistan
Eve: sorry, I went to get some soup
The Beau: england better beat australia now
Eve: ya
Eve: also I have no idea what you just said
Eve: about overs and wickets
The Beau: that’s ok
Eve: ETHICS APPROVED!
The Beau: yay
The Beau: now you can go to the cemetery and start digging up graves
Eve: I’ll go get my shovel

There are two kinds of conversations I have with my boyfriend. One of them involves sports that I believe people play to avoid paying taxes to the British, and the other involves university-sanctioned necromancy.

Comments 5

1. jason wrote:

1. I used to coach cricket at the ol’ schoolhouse, so I get what The Beau is saying. Baseball analogy: Australia beat Pakistan by scoring some runs to go ahead in the bottom of the ninth, before the third out.

2. I have seen “Lagaan”. It was hella long, but it was actually pretty good.

3. My necromancy is never sanctioned by anyone or anything other than my loins.

Posted 14 May 2010 at 5:56 pm
  2. Eve wrote:

I would like to make a special comment that I forgot to do earlier, in which I say that I have extreme respect for my participants and my own ethical responsibilities. I would never breach any ethics agreements with my university, even if it meant I got a Science article by being the first person to image the brains of zombies.

Posted 14 May 2010 at 10:00 pm
  3. Eve wrote:

Also to Jason: I actually know some about cricket, so I sort of understood what he was talking about. But that knowledge is 100% gleaned from watching Lagaan, which means that I believe that Australia took the win via a rousing dance routine.

Posted 14 May 2010 at 10:01 pm
  4. Eve wrote:

In addition, it might be 10% gleaned from a salt shaker and ketchup bottle explanation by you the last time we talked about cricket. And if those two numbers don’t add up, remember that in sports you should always give 110%.

Posted 14 May 2010 at 10:04 pm
  5. jason wrote:

Yes, I believe in that particular match Australia’s fielders did a high-kicking line that would’ve made the Rockettes proud.

Posted 15 May 2010 at 8:53 am